Skip to main content

H. Stab. Parts Prep (2 hrs)

While waiting on clecos, deburring tools, cleaners, and primer, I decided to get started on removing the protective film from the horizontal stabilizer internals. The blue film comes off pretty easily, but the clear film puts up a fight. The clear film also leaves a lot of adhesive residue, which is likely due to the parts having been covered for a long time. It's also notable that along some edges where the film had been peeled back a little, the aluminum is noticeably oxidized.

All parts accounted for.

Removing the film from this spar doubler plate revealed a series of uniform scratches in the surface. It looks like they were created during the CNC process and cover a good portion of the part. I'm going to ask TAF about it.
 

Manufacturing marks in this plate.
Shipment tracking indicates some of the tools I ordered will be arriving today and some on Friday. I suppose I'll start making more progress as the week continues, but I hope to get a good pace going when I'm fully tooled up.

Comments