Skip to main content

Weekend Update

It was a very productive weekend, other than royally ticking my wife off. On Friday, I hit the hardware store after work for materials to build my first two workbenches.



Before starting Saturday on the workbench, however, I needed to take Christmas lights off the eves. There was a neighborhood powered lift for this purpose, but the organizer sent it back Friday thinking everyone had finished. I had to do it the old-fashioned way by climbing up to the roof and reaching over to the eves to pull the lights. To make a long story short, I fell off the roof at some point.

Back to the workbenches...

Here are a series of workbench photos:

TAF crate setup as temporary workbench to build permanent workbenches.
Building Chapter 1000 workbench upside-down per instructions.

First workbench completed.

Using first workbench to build second workbench.

Two workbenches completed.

Benches in place with build manuals and clecos on shelves below.
Now it's time to test the benches out for real. I broke out the first assembly, the horizontal stabilizer, and started cleco'ing together. Unfortunately, I have only 9x 5/32" clecos available, so test fitting was limited.

First assembly of H. Stab. 
And that's it for the weekend update. I really do recommend these EAA Chapter 1000 Workbenches. They are relatively easy to build, sturdy, and ergonomic. Total cost of raw materials for two workbenches from Home Depot was $120 (with CA taxes). Your mileage may very.

Comments