Skip to main content

Next Steps on the Fuselage

I am going to take a page from Craig's early days blog posts and start adding enumerated task lists to the end of each post. I use Trello to track tasks that depend on other resources (i.e. damaged or missing parts, orders, questions to the factory) and I keep a WBS/CP diagram to help me know what order work should occur in and remind me of what done looks like. But I still find myself staring hopelessly at all this data and unsure of what task to engage in.

I've jumped from the empennage to the fuselage while I await the arrival of replacement parts from SA. I've gotten to the point where I have identified all the mysterious pieces for the partially completed rear and center fuses and have a good plan for going forward now. I hope that I've identified all the work that has to be re-done as well. For now, here's my plan:

NEXT STEPS


  1. Figure out what rear fuse work needs to be done and verify parts and build
  2. Verify work in E1. Do the parts bolted to the web need to be riveted?
  3. Verify E3 work. Rivet main spar in E3 (verify using 4.0x10mm alu-multi rivets).
  4. Fix aileron stops in E3
  5. Installing missing center console rivnuts and enlarge screw holes (need to place order for #8-32 rivnuts)
  6. Verify E4-E9
  7. Install soundproofing
  8. Assemble/Install Finishing manual 1-4abc
  9. Assemble/Install Finishing manual 10, 11, 18
  10. At some point receive replacement parts for rear seat location modification (E16, E17, E18)
  11. At some point receive some emp replacement parts for continued emp work
  12. Prepare rear seat base assembly and assemble
  13. Paint firewall (still haven't figured out what paint to use)
  14. Assemble FFW pages 1 &2
  15. Partially assemble E12 & E13

Comments