Skip to main content

RD Gusset Channel Woes

I started to fit the rudder channels and ribs together and ran into trouble right off the bat. The gusset channel (RD-CHL-002-X-A) that reinforces the bottom rib (RD-RIB-001-X-A) and control bracket (RD-CBK_001-X-A) does not fit in the rib as specified. I recalled that a TSi builder reported this last week on Facebook and some other Sling 4 builders confirmed the same situation. Only one builder has reported that TAF responded to a fix that involves using fluting pliers to pull in or shrink portions of the gusset channel so it fits.

The original poster of the problem, Mike Black of Jet Black Machine came up with a good modification to the gusset that I am going to try (try not, do or do not). I agree with his assessment that it is structurally sound, even though the factory hasn't responded yet.

I will post pictures later detailing what I've done.

Comments