Skip to main content

Seat Logic

I finished up the rudder last weekend. Not much to say other than skinning it with no twist was challenging. This week I turned my attention to completing a front seat that was missing a part (#3 - Front Seat Base):


Parts 6 & 8 are non-metallic but are riveted into the assembly. The instructions don't say this, but I'd suggest using a #4 washer around the blind end (which contacts the teflon-like piece) to prevent the bulge from pulling into the material. The picture below shows the teflon-like pieces already riveted on the lower side without washers. This was performed by the previous builder. The remaining rivets will use washers.


After getting to this point, I realized the bushings that pull the cable can't be bolted through the handle from this orientation.


I removed the base plate and installed the bushings before jigging the assembly together:


This picture depicts how I installed the handle upside down. I had to take the assembly apart again to flip the handle around.


I jigged everything together again but didn't rivet the assembly. That'll be next.

Comments