Skip to main content

Push to Stage the Center Fuse

I'm trying something I've been meaning to try for some time now. Instead of blogging after I complete work, I'm blogging while I'm working. The fact is, I haven't kept up with blogging after I work, so perhaps I'll do better at both concurrently.

After some thought about the order of things to do, I've decided to complete the center fuse to the point where the outer side skins and skin channels are complete. This includes the firewall and perhaps the forward inner skins. I found it very difficult to fit the inner skins with the outer skins in place. We will see what I end up doing.

I need to finish soundproofing the forward floor void and under the torque tubes.

I'm reusing the templates from the right side to cut the left soundproofing (I wish I installed the soundproofing before I reinstalled the torque tubes).


Templates drawn out in fine point blue sharpie:


After blowing the surface off with compressed air and running a tack cloth over the surface and a bit of contortion, it's soundproofed!


The side voids are about 9" wide at the control stick and the opening is 3". However, I just realized the edge of the botton skin isn't riveted to the channel, so I could go in from the side.


I image that I'll need to use multiple shot lines along the length of the material to peel the paper off. I'm going to think about this for a bit.

Comments